Symposium Carving Set is part of “Grandi Passioni” collection, made by Coltellerie Berti. The perfect knife for cutting the roast, laser cut, polished, Buffalo horn made, dedicated to Symposium restaurant (in Cartoceto) great Italian chef Lucio Pompili.
This Berti set contains a knife and a fork, made in Stainless steel X50CrMoV15 with Buffalo horn handle:
- Carving kitchen knife overall cm. 35 blade cm. 20,5 handle 14,5
- Carving fork overall cm. 35 tines cm. 17 handle cm. 14,5
At Coltellerie Berti, each kitchen knife is made by the hands of one craftsman only, the same person. The person who starts a knife, finishes and signs it with his initials. This is the essence of the Craftsmanship Method of the Italian Berti Family, which since 1895 has been keeping up the true joy of owning a knife made by hand following the most authentic Tuscan tradition (Scarperia district).
Technical Features of Coltellerie Berti kitchen knives:
- They may be forged (plastic processing under heat) or laser cut (cold cutting of the blade) but the blades are always a single piece
- The steel used is made in Germany (X50CrMoV15 by Krupp) and has a high carbon content, conferring a high cutting capacity and duration. The steel used to make high quality knives is not 100 % stainless, since perfect stainlessness diminishes cutting capacity. This is stainless steel which can be washed, even in a washing machine, but it can be stained. The best way to keep them perfect is washing by hand followed by immediate drying.
- Tempering involves both heating at 1055 °C and super-cooling at -80 ° C to ensure that the cutting capacity lasts the longest possible time.
- Handles are made of natural materials – horn or boxwood – or else of plastic. Plastic materials however are hand processed from a slab and not moulded.